Dr. Andrea Rossin
Istituto di ChimicadeiCompostiOrganometallici (ICCOM)
50019 - Sesto Fiorentino (Firenze), Italy.
⇓Expertise: Coordination chemistry; coordination polymers; inorganic chemistry; Metal-Organic Frameworks synthesis and characterization; gas adsorption; catalysis.
• High pressure and temperature reactors (up to 250 bar and 250°C) with injectors for solids and
liquids, sampling devices and temperature, stirring speed and pressure control. Microwave
• IR and NMR spectroscopy for both ambient conditions and high pressure measurements
(HP-NMR within a quartz tube), with the possibility of combining them with high /low
temperature non-ambient conditions; BrukerAvance DRX-400, ACP 300 and 200 MHz
spectrometers, for both solution and solid state samples (31P-and 13C-MAS NMR).
• GC, GC-MS, HPLC (Shimadzu GC17A with chiral columns, GC-MS Shimadzu QP-5000, Shimadzu
HPLC LC8A equipped with chiral/preparative columns and array detector), elemental analyzer
Carlo Erba Model 1106.
• MBraun Labmaster glove-box in a nitrogen atmosphere for moisture- and oxygen-sensitive
• Two diffractometers for single crystal X-ray diffraction: Oxford Xcalibur-3 with Mo source and
CCD detector and Oxford Xcalibur ultra-plus with Cu source and CCD detector.
• Two powder X-ray diffractometers: PANalyticalX'Pert PRO with Pixcel© detector and an Anton
Paar HTK 1200N hot chamber for variable temperature measurements; a Bruker D8 Advance
with Cu source.
• Dynamic sampling mass spectrometer coupled to a furnace (to reach temperatures up to
1500°C) equipped with a quartz sample holder: CATLAB QIC-20 Hiden Analytical, for TPD
and TPO measurements or gas-solid heterogeneous catalysis studies.
• Thermogravimetric analysis tool associated with a mass spectrometer TGA-MS EXSTAR 6000.
• Instrument for inner surface area determination and pore distribution analysis of micro-and
mesoporous materials Micromeritics ASAP 2020; physisorption of H2, CO2, CO, CH4, ethylene,
acetylene, and vapors of guest molecules such as benzene, I2, H2O.
• Atomic force microscope PSIA XE 100.
• Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM and ESEM), with possibility of sample cooling before the
analysis, Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM).
• Electrochemical equipment Princeton Parstat 2273; Fuel Cell Test System, 850 E. Scribner.