Prof. Koop Lammertsma
VU University Amsterdam
Organic & Organometallic Chem.
Dept. of Chem. & Pharmacochem.
Faculty of Sciences,
De Boelelaan 1093, 1081 HV Amsterdam
Tel.: +3120 598-7474
Research on new synthetic methods, reagents and catalysts, and development of reactive organophosphorus intermediates aimed at the sustainable use of chemicals. Mechanistic understanding of reactions and catalytic processes is pursued experimentally and computationally.
The fundamental research focuses on:
• Developing organophosphorus reagents as enabling tools in organic syntheses.
• Advancing organometallic complexes for asymmetric catalysis and metathesis.
• Synthesizing silicates as chiral organic anions.
• Compute cluster and access to the Dutch National computer center
• 3 Bruker NMR machines (250, 400, and 500 MHz) with auto samplers, for all elements
• Various MS spectrometers (FAB, ESI, Maldi)
• Access to the Dutch National X-ray facility
• Access to EPR, UV-vis., IR, Raman, fluorescence, electrochemistry, etc.
• Various analytical and (semi-)prep HPLCs, GCs, GC-MS
• Glove boxes and extensive high-vacuum line set-ups
• Freeze-drying, cryostat, microwave, photochemical equipment.