Dr. Petr Kilian
School of Chemistry
University of St Andrews
Tel: +44 1334 46 7304
Inorganic chemistry; main group synthesis; coordination chemistry; catalysis; materials; green chemistry; chemical bonding and structure; organophosphorus chemistry; pnictogen chemistry; low co-ordinate and hypervalent main group compounds; main group polymer precursors.
• 10 fully equipped working places (benches with individual hoods)
• Hands-on solution NMR spectrometer (270 MHz)
• 2x glove box
• Solvent purification system (SPS) Mbraun
• Karl-Fisher titrator, Metrohm
• Access to state of art NMR equipment (5x solution NMRs 300-500 MHz, 2x MAS SS NMR 400 and 600 MHz)
• Access to X-ray single crystal diffractometers (4 high brilliance stages with CCD/Pilatus detectors), 1x Rigaku Mini bench top diffractometer, 1x robotic diffractometer)
• Access to powder diffractometers (6x)
• MS (ESI, Maldi, EI, CI incl. high accuracy)
• UV-vis., IR, Raman, fluorescence, TGA-DSC, electrochemistry, EPR, TEM, SEM, etc.
For further details see http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/chemistry/research/services/