Prof. James Y. Becker
Department of Chemistry
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
Beer Sheva 84105
Telefax: +972 8 6461197
• Electrochemical properties of cyclic-polysilanes and polysiloxanes, as well as other
organosilicon and organogermanium compounds (mainly cyclic, multiply-bonded and
• Electro-catalysis by using inorganic, organometallic and organic compounds, as mediators
for organic and inorganic reactions, mostly in homogeneous non-aqueous solutions.
• Electrochemistry in Ionic Liquids (mainly metallo-porphyrins).
• Organic electrochemistry - synthesis and mechanism.
• Spectral and electrochemical properties of chemical sensors for metal ions binding
• Potentiostats and galvanostats (PAR and CH Instruments)
• Cyclic voltammetry and other electro-analytical techniques
• Electrochemical micro-flow cell
• Mbraun Glove box
• Agilent Gas chromatograph (TC detector)
• Agilent GC-MS
• Access to equipment such as: NMR for various nuclei, EPR, HRMS (FAB, ESI, Maldi),
UV-Vis., FTIR, Raman, fluorescence, and more.